This position will be open until filled.
Job Summary: Responsible for performing data entry, compiling reports, taking and transcribing meeting minutes, creating basic correspondence, conducting research, and performing basic quantitative quality assurance reviews. Basic knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and departmental policies and procedures are required at this level.
H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 2 years experience. Or, a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Hiring Range: $28,787 - $35,983
Job Specific Task List:
1. Directly support faculty, students and staff through general clerical support; provide front-line support for all faculty at the campus or in the assigned discipline; provide assistance for all faculty with printing requests, syllabi review, classroom needs, reporting IT issues, etc; answer telephone in faculty bay and direct students to faculty during their office hours; disseminate messages to faculty from students, provide receipts for documents turned in at faculty bay, sort mail, and supply order each semester; collect syllabi from faculty to archive; post faculty office hours; track faculty submission of grades and enrollment reports.
2. Directly support the Department Chair; Schedule appointments and meetings with faculty and external constituency groups; record meeting minutes for various department related meetings; manage Chair's calendar as needed.
3. Complete textbook requisition information from all faculty each semester; compile, and communicate this information to the bookstore.
4. Assist other admin office support with faculty new hires to include: set up copier codes, key requests, campus orientation, class changes or room changes; review forms submitted by faculty for compliance with college policies; provide support to other admin office staff as needed.
5. Access confidential student information supporting the needs of campus/department; recommend work assignments for student workers.
6. Assist in planning of campus events including but not limited to new faculty orientation, in-service, CITE workshops, DACUMS, Advisory Committee Meetings, etc; Request room reservations, ordering and obtaining food, agendas, etc.
7. Maintain expertise in a specific discipline(s) (and assist with projects related to curriculum changes.
8. Performs other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.