This position will remain open until filled.
Primary campus location: Harrisburg, PA
Job Summary: The associate dean reports to the dean for academic affairs in the designated school and provides support in the management and supervision of all academic matters for their assigned department. This includes scheduling and staffing of classes, budget development and oversight, and handling faculty and student requests and concerns. Completion of functional responsibilities will require working closely with the school dean, department chair, faculty, workforce development staff, and various other offices at the College.
Master's Degree and 5 years experience.*Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Licensing Requirements: Valid driver's license.
Hiring Range: $75,640 - $96,441
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in community college academic affairs
Experience teaching in higher education
Job Specific Task List:
The Associate Dean will work closely with one or more departments within the school on the following:
1. Collaborates with faculty on curriculum development, program review, and the assessment of student learning; collaborates with faculty on equipment and supply needs; ensures instructional facilities are suitable and safe for use.
2. Supervises staff to include prioritizing and assigning work, conducting performance evaluations, ensuring employees are trained and follow policies and procedures; maintains a healthy and safe working environment; recruits, hires, and supervises full-time faculty and support staff; promotes instructional innovation and supports professional development; makes termination and disciplinary recommendations.
3. Prioritize training needs for new faculty; oversee the online training exemption and teaching demonstration processes; work with faculty to assure quality of course and program offerings.
4. Creates student-centered schedules with department chair/program director input; staffs classes.
5. Handles student complaints and academic appeals; responds to and resolves questions and concerns from students, faculty, and the public for the assigned programs or departments.
6. Travels to various campuses to ensure and oversee academic operations and functions.
Tasks Performed in Partnership with the School Dean:
7. Works collaboratively with other offices of the college to attract, enroll, retain, support and graduate learners throughout the institution and to enhance academic affairs operations.
8. Assists School Dean with budget development, grant development and oversight, and compliance with program accreditation standards. - (Essential)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values: A Circle of Caring
Caring by Creating Our Future Together
- We work together to shape and build our preferred future.
- We encourage and celebrate creativity and innovation.
- We set high goals and strive to achieve them.
- We strive to provide exceptional service to all who help shape our future.
Caring for Each Other
- We are gateways to student success and opportunity.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and equity-mindedness in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- >We are growth-minded, believing that each of us is capable of learning, developing and growing to support our mission.
Caring by Doing What is Right
- We are honest and hold each other and ourselves to the highest ethical standards.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communications.
- We are transparent about our decisions as individuals and teams.
- We embrace broad engagement in the shared governance process.