Virtual Navigator (Hybrid)
Title: Virtual Navigator (Hybrid)
Job no: 493744
Location: Multiple campus locations
Hiring Range: $43, 019 - $53,774
This opportunity is available for the Lancaster Campus or York Campus
Job Summary: This position supports the implementation and troubleshooting of student support system solutions to enhance academic advising for virtual students. The incumbent facilitates workshops, web resources, and communication campaigns to increase virtual student and faculty advisor utilization of advising, academic planning, and scheduling tools. The incumbent also provides advising support and guidance to a caseload of virtual students.
Position location: Hybrid/Collegewide (subject to change)
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years related experience, or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Licensing Requirements: Please note that this position is required to comply with PA Act 15. You will need to present completed clearances and training certificates at the time of hire. Please visit https://www.hacc.edu/HumanResources/NewHire/index.cfm (and scroll to PA Act 15 Clearances) for more information.
Valid drivers license.
Hiring Range: $43, 019 - $53,774
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree and related experience in Navigate and Degree Works
Job Specific Task List:
- Supports the implementation and troubleshooting of student support system solutions such as remote advising systems and registration cafes to optimize efficiency and effectiveness in underwriting student success; facilitates workshops, web resources, communication campaigns, and pop-up tabling to increase student utilization of the Navigate advising system, as well as other related academic planning and scheduling tools. - (Essential)
- Troubleshoots advising and success coaching tools and workflows to ensure virtual faculty advisors can provide seamless advising support to virtual students; supports training for virtual faculty advisors and serves as a resource in the use of Navigate and other advising related tools. - (Essential)
- Maintains an assigned advising caseload within the College approved caseload criteria; proactively and intentionally reaches out to assigned caseload of virtual students to provides holistic and timely advising, leveraging all available tools to report, monitor, track, document student notes, and communicate with students; provides individual and small group virtual advising; offers drop-in remote advising hours to facilitate student drop-in sessions; creates and maintain comprehensive advising notes and accurate records of interactions with students. - (Essential)
- Assesses strengths and weaknesses of virtual student academic, career, and personal development by identifying factors that enhance or prevent academic progress, examine and provide alternatives based on changing goals, academic progress, or personal situation to guide students to establish appropriate academic and career goals. - (Essential)
- Interprets, applies, and informs virtual students about College policies for degree requirements and academic progress; advises virtual students about academic requirements, critical/milestone courses, selection of courses and registration, transfer planning; connects virtual students to academic support activities such as study groups, tutoring, and success related workshops. - (Essential)
- Consistently monitors virtual student registration activities and ensures timely enrollment; monitors progress towards degree completion; plans, designs, and executes advising appointment campaigns. - (Essential)
- Provides information, analyzes data, generates written reports regarding caseload progress and contributes to the development of effectiveness reports. - (Essential)
- Conducts student interactions in compliance with FERPA regulations; demonstrates understanding of the College's interpretation of FERPA rules for the release of student information to faculty, parents, students, and third parties. - (Essential)
- Participates in college-wide activities/events, strategies, and improvement efforts to support enrollment, retention, and overall student success. - (Essential)
- Engages in professional development activities to ensure competence in advising and student support best practices such as memberships in professional organizations, workshops, and webinars; travels to all HACC locations as needed. - (Essential)
- Performs other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values: A Circle of Caring
Caring by Creating Our Future Together
- We work together to shape and build our preferred future.
- We encourage and celebrate creativity and innovation.
- We set high goals and strive to achieve them.
- We strive to provide exceptional service to all who help shape our future.
Caring for Each Other
- We are gateways to student success and opportunity.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and equity-mindedness in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We are growth-minded, believing that each of us is capable of learning, developing and growing to support our mission.
Caring by Doing What is Right
- We are honest and hold each other and ourselves to the highest ethical standards.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communications.
- We are transparent about our decisions as individuals and teams.
- We embrace broad engagement in the shared governance process.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend