Coordinator, Fire Training
Title: Coordinator, Fire Training
Job no: 493662
Location: Harrisburg Campus
Hiring Range: $56,122- $71,556
Job Summary: Responsible for coordinating classes and the activities of the non-credit fire training programs and certifications. Incumbent responsibilities generally include student advising, instructor monitoring, developing internal/external partnerships, developing proposals for contract training programs; evaluating program delivery and recommending modifications based on trends, technology, and needs assessments; conducting research and analyzing information; developing curriculum, proctoring certification examinations, developing program communications; monitoring program grants and assisting with program budget development and implementation. Ensure alignment of classes and programs with HACC's Strategic Plan and compliance with Middle States standards.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years experience, or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Licensing Requirements: Accredited PA state fire academy instructor.
Valid driver's license.
Please note that all this position is required to comply with PA Act 15. You will need to present completed clearances and training certificates at the time of hire. Please visit https://www.hacc.edu/HumanResources/NewHire/index.cfm(and scroll to PA Act 15 Clearances) for more information.
Hiring Range: $56,122- $71,556
Job Specific Task List:
- Oversees activities, analyzes, and provides training and support to staff and adjunct faculty in designing and creating coursework curriculum and delivery for the non-credit Fire Training Unit only (excludes Fire Science). - (Essential)
- Prepares, maintains, and updates departmental procedures and policies to ensure compliance with operations and staff activities. - (Essential)
- Develops class proposals and maintains internal and external partnerships to maximize effectiveness of educational programs and market offerings to outside courses. - (Essential)
- Locates and obtains funding sources and prepares applications and grants for customized education; oversees and administers awarded funds. - (Essential)
- Oversees and ensures program compliance with applicable industry, government, and education rules, regulations, and standards. - (Essential)
- May supervise and evaluate support staff and adjunct faculty by monitoring work, assessing performance, providing direction, and making recommendations. - (Essential)
- Participates in budget development, monitors and approves expenditures in accordance with college policy, and prepares a variety of reports to support activities as needed. - (Essential)
- Oversees and maintains confidential files and paperwork related to staff, instructor(s), and student(s). - (Essential)
- Schedules classes as well as certification exams and contracts adjunct staff based on program needs. - (Essential)
- May instruct class sessions as needed - (Essential)
- Serves as a representative for the college at internal and external events as required. - (Essential)
- College-related travel is required, as necessary. - (Essential)
- Ability to work on evenings and weekends at both on campus and off campus locations on a frequent basis. - (Essential)
- Performs other related duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend