PT - Specialist, Infrastructure
Title: PT - Specialist, Infrastructure
Job no: 493337
Hiring Range: (FT) $36,606 - $45,758, (PT)$18.77- $23.47
This posting will remain open until filled.
This position will mainly report to Harrisburg and candidates will need to have the ability to travel as required to all campuses.
This position installs infrastructure cable and ensures requirements are correct, such as number and type of connections, port assignments, inventory of cabling and accessories, procurement of inventory, and the timing of activity while following best practices college-wide.
Associate's Degree and certifications related to safe practices and installation of copper and fiber cabling, and 2 years related experience required. Or, a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Valid Driver's License
Certifications in related field is desired.
A degree in Computer Networking Technology or Computer Information Systems
Telecommunications, telecom or wiring installation experience
Hiring Range: $19.52 - $24.40
Job Specific Task List:
- Ensures the smooth delivery of technology through the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of network cabling; coordinates, installs, test, and quality assures all patch cables, cable runs, patch panels, and fiber optic cabling college-wide; installs, supports, and tests applications and programs related to ERP systems; maintains sufficient inventory of cabling and cabling accessories; maintains test equipment. - (Essential)
- Manages projects and assesses their effectiveness; develops, enhances and sustains procedures, processes and systems, including checklists and forms; develops methods to accomplish necessary objectives; researches, develops, and maintains a best practices document and cable plant documentation for college-wide installation of network cabling and cable management. - (Essential)
- Exhibits professionalism; establishes and maintains effective working relationships which reflect the high-quality service expectations of the College; utilizes appropriate communication methods via available technology (phone, email, virtual meeting) or in person; collaborates with staff to resolve issues; documents problem-solving processes. - (Essential)
- Provides mentoring and cross training for other team members in support of Active Directory, group policies, and server management. - (Essential)
- Travels to other campuses and off-site locations as needed; responds to after-hours support for infrastructure related emergencies; must have a dedicated high speed connection for connection to the college's resources remotely; must be reachable by phone during hours the college is operating; reachable by phone twenty-four hours a day seven days a week; flexibility in work schedule is required. - (Essential)
- Performs other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: part-time (up to 1,000 hours per year)
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend