This position will be open until filled.
Job Summary: Responsible for acting as HVAC technical expert in their field performing semi skilled and skilled work in the installation, trouble shooting, construction, maintenance and repair of facilities. Position may serve as lead worker, assigning and reviewing work and providing direction and instruction in work methods: assisting in the purchasing of supplies and equipment.
H. S. Diploma or equivalent of 4 years experience, or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Licensing Requirements: Valid PA Driver's license
Hiring Range: $43,019 - $53,774
- Forklift certification/training
- Lockout-Tagout training
- OSHA 30 Training
- Refrigerant certification
Job Specific Task List:
- Perform maintenance task to include, repair, installation and maintenance of HVAC equipment.
- Monitor, track and complete assigned work orders to ensure safety, functionality operation of buildings and systems.
- Record and maintain schedules, statistics, and activities as required on assigned computer systems and specified documents
- Perform outdoor maintenance including snow removal, salt spreading, and flood plank installations.
- Perform on call duties.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Perform routine plumbing and electrical work.
- Operate a variety of office equipment, including a computer and related software applications, telephone and adding machine.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values: A Circle of Caring
Caring by Creating Our Future Together
- We work together to shape and build our preferred future.
- We encourage and celebrate creativity and innovation.
- We set high goals and strive to achieve them.
- We strive to provide exceptional service to all who help shape our future.
Caring for Each Other
- We are gateways to student success and opportunity.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and equity-mindedness in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- >We are growth-minded, believing that each of us is capable of learning, developing and growing to support our mission.
Caring by Doing What is Right
- We are honest and hold each other and ourselves to the highest ethical standards.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communications.
- We are transparent about our decisions as individuals and teams.
- We embrace broad engagement in the shared governance process.