9.5 - month Faculty, Dental Hygiene (tenure track)
Title: 9.5 - month Faculty, Dental Hygiene (tenure track)
Job no: 493774
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Hiring Range: no less than $41,780
This position will be open until filled.
Job Summary: Provides academic instruction and student academic support for the School of Health Sciences. Performs tasks designed to ensure the quality and consistency of academic instruction.
Master’s Degree in related field required. Bachelor’s Degree in related field with significant related graduate course work will be considered. Master’s Degree must be completed within 5 year of date of employment.
Current PA Dental Hygiene license or eligible for PA license.
Registered Dental Hygienist.
Current PA Local Anesthesia Permit
Willingness to teach day, evening, weekend, and on or off-campus classes.
- Valid driver's license.
- Please note that all this position is required to comply with PA Act 15. You will need to present completed clearances and training certificates at the time of hire. Please visit https://www.hacc.edu/HumanResources/NewHire/index.cfm(and scroll to PA Act 15 Clearances) for more information.
Hiring Range: no less than $41,780
Preferred Qualifications: teaching experience
Job Specific Task List:
- Teaches assigned Dental Hygiene courses.
- Participates in curriculum development and maintenance.
- Provides academic support and advising to students including establishing and maintaining a schedule of office hours.
- Participates in college governance by serving on joint, ad hoc, faculty, campus, division and discipline committees.
- Participates in the recruitment and hiring of new faculty through participation on assigned search committees.
- Participates in college and community service activities.
- Participates in professional growth activities and maintains awareness of new trends and developments within areas of instructional responsibility.
- Coordinate, plan, organize, and instruct academic courses according to approved course syllabus.
- Provide high quality and consistent academic instruction to students.
- Provided high quality academic support and advising to students.
- Keep students informed and updated concerning course content, requirements, evaluation procedures, and attendance requirements.
- Keep students informed about their progress through prompt grading of papers and other work.
- Maintain accurate and complete scholastic records, including attendance records.
- Maintain scheduled office hours.
- Ensure that assigned classes are held as scheduled.
- Organize and maintain class work and assignments.
- Strive for the qualities delineated in the criteria for faculty evaluation used by the college.
- Be thoroughly familiar and comply with all college policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work in a professional, collegial, and team-oriented manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-Time 9 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values: A Circle of Caring
Caring by Creating Our Future Together
- We work together to shape and build our preferred future.
- We encourage and celebrate creativity and innovation.
- We set high goals and strive to achieve them.
- We strive to provide exceptional service to all who help shape our future.
Caring for Each Other
- We are gateways to student success and opportunity.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and equity-mindedness in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- >We are growth-minded, believing that each of us is capable of learning, developing and growing to support our mission.
Caring by Doing What is Right
- We are honest and hold each other and ourselves to the highest ethical standards.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communications.
- We are transparent about our decisions as individuals and teams.
- We embrace broad engagement in the shared governance process.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend