9.5 month - Faculty, Medical Laboratory Technician (tenure track)
Title: 9.5 month - Faculty, Medical Laboratory Technician (tenure track)
Job no: 493772
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Hiring Range: no less than $41,780
Job Summary: Provides academic instruction and student academic support for the Health and Public Services department. Performs tasks designed to ensure the quality and consistency of academic instruction including governance activities.
Lecture Courses: B.S. or higher, CLS (NCA) OR MT (ACSP) certification or equivalent, with documented professional experience.
Documentation of continuing education within the last 3 years.
Lab Courses: Associate's or higher, MLT (ASCP) certification or equivalent with documented professional experience.
This individual will work under the supervision of the Program Director and/or the corresponding lecture instructor.
Must be able to come to campus in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
Required to be compliant with PA Child Protective Service Laws. For additional information, please visit https://hacc.edu/HumanResources/NewHire/index.cfm
Hiring Range: no less than $41,780
Preferred Qualifications: teaching experience
Job Specific Task List:
- Teaches assigned Medical Laboratory Technician courses.
- Participates in curriculum development and maintenance.
- Provides academic support and advising to students including establishing and maintaining a schedule of office hours.
- Participates in college governance by serving on joint, ad hoc, faculty, campus, division and discipline committees.
- Participates in the recruitment and hiring of new faculty through participation on assigned search committees.
- Participates in college and community service activities.
- Participates in professional growth activities and maintains awareness of new trends and developments within areas of instructional responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate, plan, organize, and instruct academic courses according to approved course syllabus.
- Provide high quality and consistent academic instruction to students.
- Provided high quality academic support and advising to students.
- Keep students informed and updated concerning course content, requirements, evaluation procedures, and attendance requirements.
- Keep students informed about their progress through prompt grading of papers and other work.
- Maintain accurate and complete scholastic records, including attendance records.
- Maintain scheduled office hours.
- Ensure that assigned classes are held as scheduled.
- Organize and maintain class work and assignments.
- Strive for the qualities delineated in the criteria for faculty evaluation used by the college.
- Be thoroughly familiar and comply with all college policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work in a professional, collegial, and team-oriented manner.
Job Type: Full-Time 9 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values: A Circle of Caring
Caring by Creating Our Future Together
- We work together to shape and build our preferred future.
- We encourage and celebrate creativity and innovation.
- We set high goals and strive to achieve them.
- We strive to provide exceptional service to all who help shape our future.
Caring for Each Other
- We are gateways to student success and opportunity.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and equity-mindedness in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- >We are growth-minded, believing that each of us is capable of learning, developing and growing to support our mission.
Caring by Doing What is Right
- We are honest and hold each other and ourselves to the highest ethical standards.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communications.
- We are transparent about our decisions as individuals and teams.
- We embrace broad engagement in the shared governance process.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend