Director, Financial Aid (Remote Work Eligible)
Title: Director, Financial Aid (Remote Work Eligible)
Job no: 493762
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Hiring Range: $75,640 - $96,441
This position will remain open until filled.
Job Summary: The Director of Financial Aid will provide administrative oversight of the Financial Aid Office in adherence to the college's overall vision and mission. The Director ensures compliance with federal, state, and institutional policies, procedures, and regulations that pertain to eligibility determination, awarding, and disbursement of financial aid, as well as effective service to students in all financial aid offices. The Director of Financial Aid is responsible for the hiring, training, supervision, and evaluation of assigned personnel. This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule, which will be discussed during the interview process.
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of financial aid management experience*, including 2 years supervisory/management experience. *Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Licensing Requirements: Valid Driver's License
Hiring Range: $75,640 - $96,441
- Experience creating and/or contributing to a strategic enrollment plan.
- Knowledge of financial management systems software.
- Knowledge of Title IV federal financial regulations and experience with compliance to those regulations
- Experience with LEAN, Six Sigma, or other trainings in production.
- Experience working in a production and customer service financial aid model
Job Specific Task List:
- Ensure the accurate, timely administration of institutional, federal, and state financial assistance; develop, review and update guidelines and processes to ensure effectiveness and best practices and implements a plan for awarding and distributing funds to eligible students. - (Essential)
- Stay current with changes in financial aid policy to ensure compliance with federal, state, and institutional policies and regulations; develop exceptional expertise in content area; remain current on new and innovative practices in the field; develop and maintain a network with colleagues through professional organizations and other types of professional alliances; attend state, regional and national conferences; and benchmark with peer institutions. - (Essential)
- Ensure the creation and successful implementation of policies, procedures and activities related to Financial aid, consistent with HACC’s overall mission and strategic plan; identify and resolve problems; ensure consistent application of rules and regulations and handle complex and high-level complaints or issues consulting with other college leadership as necessary; develop and implement a plan for awarding and distributing funds to eligible students in a timely, accurate, and equitable manner. - (Essential)
- Provide leadership and direction to all financial aid offices to ensure we maximize excellent service and communication to current and prospective students; maximize use of technology to promote efficiency leading to better overall student service. - (Essential)
- Hire, train, develop, motivate, supervise and evaluate staff consistent with organizational and strategic goals. - (Essential)
- Prepare reports, annual audits, and program reviews required by federal and state agencies and works with internal and external auditors to ensure compliance with federal and state rules; routinely review financial aid forms and oversees the creation and revision of these forms. - (Essential)
- Ensure timely, accurate communication to ensure prompt responses to inquiries and provide robust outreach programs including workshops, information sessions, and awareness events; ensure accurate, current and accessible information is available to potential and current students via multiple media sources, including print materials, college website and publicly managed information sources. - (Essential)
- Develop and implement regular systems of data collection, reporting and analysis, using information to inform functions and improve performance; create and implement a performance management program to measure the performance and effectiveness of all recruitment activities and staff. - (Essential)
- Collaborate and work in partnership with the Foundation and Student Accounts to administer all internal and external scholarships in a timely, efficient manner. - (Essential)
- Develop a budget and prudently manage finances throughout the fiscal year, adhering to state, federal, and HACC fiscal policies and procedures. Direct the preparation of departmental budgets, financial reports, and grant-related budgets; monitor revenues and expenditures for best use of resources. - (Essential)
- Travel to all HACC locations regularly, conduct regular group and individual meetings with Financial Aid staff, represent the Financial Aid Office college-wide, respond to requests from HACC leadership and consistently receive feedback from stakeholders to maximize the effectiveness of all Financial Aid activities; build and maintain effective communication and relationships with staff and academic leaders; including global education, health careers, non-credit, and College leaders. - (Essential)
- Report up to the Assistant Vice President of Student Enrollment Services and the Vice President of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management on all matters relating to compliance, financial aid awarding, student issues, and enrollment management. - (Essential)
- Perform other duties as assigned. - (Essential)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values: A Circle of Caring
Caring by Creating Our Future Together
- We work together to shape and build our preferred future.
- We encourage and celebrate creativity and innovation.
- We set high goals and strive to achieve them.
- We strive to provide exceptional service to all who help shape our future.
Caring for Each Other
- We are gateways to student success and opportunity.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and equity-mindedness in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We are growth-minded, believing that each of us is capable of learning, developing and growing to support our mission.
Caring by Doing What is Right
- We are honest and hold each other and ourselves to the highest ethical standards.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communications.
- We are transparent about our decisions as individuals and teams.
- We embrace broad engagement in the shared governance process.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend