Administrative Support 1, Career Development & Transfer Services
Title: Administrative Support 1, Career Development & Transfer Services
Job no: 493672
Location: Harrisburg Campus
Hiring Range: $28,787 - $35,983
This position will be open until filled.
Job Summary: This position supports the processes for transfer coaching, career & transfer events, employer partnership, student employment, career educators, and internship program functions in the Career Development & Transfer Services. unit. The incumbent is responsible for excellent customer service to students, faculty, and guests.
H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 2 years related experience. Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Such as those listed above.
Licensing Requirements: Please note that this position is required to comply with PA Act 15. You will need to present completed clearances and training certificates at the time of hire. Please visit https://www.hacc.edu/HumanResources/NewHire/index.cfm (and scroll to PA Act 15 Clearances) for more information.
Hiring Range: $28,787 - $35,983
• 2-3 years of clerical or office experience
• Comfortable with multiple social media platforms
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• High degree of attention to detail
Job Specific Task List:
- Provide high-quality and inclusive customer services. Use knowledge of curriculum and programs to interpret and respond to inquiries via email, phone, in-person and online; refer and connect students, parents, employers, and transfer partners to appropriate HACC offices, academic departments, faculty, and staff.
- Serve as point of contact to students, staff, and faculty on queries related to career education, student employment, and transfer services; provide administrative support for scheduling meetings; facilitate notifications to students.
- Assist students in accessing and utilizing online resources such as the College Central Network; help students navigate resources on MyHACC, HaccWeb, and Navigate; use Navigate for student appointment scheduling and educate students on the process; direct students to online resources.
- Assist in the planning and coordinating of transfer and career visitations, workshops, and events for students and transfer & career partners; Serve as point of contact for dual admissions to process applications and communicate with transfer partners and students regarding the updated status and next transfer steps.
- Provide ongoing support for data collection, program assessment, and reporting; collect and compile data in ARGOS and CISCO; remain current with and maximize the use of technology for efficient processing, report generation, database creation, and dissemination of communications.
- Exercise judgment, maintain confidentiality regarding FERPA guidelines, and travel to HACC locations to support HACC students.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend