Director, Library Tech Services
Title: Director, Library Tech Services
Job no: 493656
Hiring Range: $51,488 - $65,648
This position will be open until filled.
Job Summary: This position has overall responsibility for the management and leadership of the Library Technical Services team. The position routinely collaborates and communicates with students and employees such as Library and Learning Commons staff and leadership. Key accountabilities include: project management, performance management, operational efficiencies, and contribution to departmental financial planning and projections.
The Library Technical Services team is responsible for all technical support services, system administration, operation, management, installation, and implementation of HACC's Integrated Library Components (ILC) automated systems. This position performs complex and detailed technical work, develops and provides college wide training and instruction in procedures, and maintains and compiles detailed statistical records and reports. This position is responsible for the oversight of the college wide technical support services and systems and provides leadership, project management, and direction to the Library Technical Services team for the daily activities of college wide library technical support services and systems.
Must be available by phone 24 hours a day 7 days a week; maintains flexibility in work schedule.
Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field and 3 years experience or a combination of experience and education to successfully complete the duties of the position.
Licensing Requirements: Valid driver's license.
Hiring Range: $51, 488 - $65,648
Job Specific Task List:
- Leads and plans projects and resources to ensure all availability, functionality, usability, and security of technology and services; Works collaboratively to develop and implement goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and work standards across the library to ensure effective technology utilization; Develops long-term and short-term plans and makes recommendations for library systems including managing new releases and implementing new features to ensure library systems and resources are optimized to support student success; Leads project teams to research, plan, evaluate, recommend, purchase, install, maintain, upgrade, and operate all software that constitutes the library systems environment of the College; Leads data migration when necessary; Reads and distributes release notes; Assists with the planning, development, and maintenance of life-cycle plans for all appropriate technology; Assists with maintaining technical support contracts for library systems and related systems; Manages ILS, discovery services, open URL resolvers, proxy services, digital repositories, and interlibrary loan software. - (Essential)
- Coordinates with technical staff in monitoring and maintaining library servers; Troubleshoots technical problems related to the integrated library system (ILS), library databases, authentication software, electronic resource management software, and integration of library systems with college systems such as Banner; explores new technologies and identifies opportunities for their effective application, including the potential integration with other college and library systems. - (Essential)
- Manages the performance of the unit to ensure delivery of high quality work products according to scope, time, and budget; Makes recommendations for the creation of budgets; Creates and runs reports in the ILS and analytics to support the library operations, faculty, and staff in all locations and virtually. Collaborate with acquisition and electronic resource specialists to compile year end budget recommendations. Extracts and prepares relevant data, including year-end statistics, from the library system; Configures users, permissions, and settings in the ILS and other systems for staff. Maintains and updates the user database constantly by loading/removing users using Banner downloads; Maintains electronic reserve system; coordinates copyright compliance efforts in electronic reserves and maintains usage rights for media. - (Essential)
- Coordinates cleanup and standardization in collaboration with tech staff. Cataloging of database records within the ILS as needed; Collaborates with library faculty, learning common directors, library technical services and public services staff to provide best systems for the library; provides support and training for Library faculty and Library staff; provides exceptional customer service and support to students, staff, and faculty utilizing all library systems; exhibits exemplary communication skills and professionalism. - (Essential)
- Supervises, hires, trains and evaluates employees. Provides leadership, mentoring and performance management for library system specialists ensuring appropriate resource assignments, cross-training, and backup of essential functions; Ensures team personnel provide highly responsive, customer focused support to students, staff, and faculty; Plans and allocates resources and work assignments according to priorities. - (Essential)
- Fosters ongoing collaboration and communication with stakeholders to establish sound change management practices and to ensure consistency and high quality deliverables; Represents the College as requested to external agencies and organizations in matters involving library systems and related technical support services; Actively participates in meetings, conferences, vendor training, and workshops to maintain knowledge of emerging technologies, evaluate vendor products for potential use by the College, and improve overall leadership skills. Attends training conference for ILS at least biannually; Serves on library committees, task forces, and professional committees as appointed. Communicates collaboratively with all constituency groups to ensure all perspectives are heard; Leads LTS staff and Library faculty in designing, updating, and maintaining the HACC Library public catalog, web site, and ticketing system. - (Essential)
- Responsible for ensuring Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) are developed and maintained; develops and maintains a knowledge base of technology and support resources; Ensures appropriate documentation is created and maintained; Develops and maintains effective change management procedures and documentation for all appropriate systems; Writes, organizes, and disseminates support, training and technical information regarding all systems to library and technical personnel, ensuring compliance with current site licenses; coordinates the documentation of all supported systems, websites, and associated pages. - (Essential)
- Travels to other campuses and off-site locations as needed; must have a dedicated high speed connection for connection to the college's resources remotely; must be reachable by phone during hours the college is operating; reachable by phone twenty-four hours a day seven days a week; flexibility in work schedule is required. - (Essential)
- Performs other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend