This position will be open until filled.
Job Summary: The Compliance Officer will support the College with an effective legal compliance program.
Master's degree; at least 10 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Licensing Requirements: Valid Driver's License required.
Hiring Range: $108,211 - $135,264
Job Specific Task List:
• Develop and implement an effective legal compliance program, grounded in federal and state guidelines, to achieve the objective of a proactive, efficient and effective approach to compliance.
• Analyze internal College practices to ensure compliance with higher education regulations and ethical standards.
• Review College policies to assess compliance and communicate with division stakeholders any identified issues or concerns.
• Proactively audit processes, practices and documents to identify weaknesses.
• Evaluate business activities to assess compliance risk.
• Collaborate with external auditors, attorneys and leadership to ensure all operations of the College are in line with state and federal laws.
• Provide direction and oversight of the prevention, reporting and investigation of any compliance violation.
• Educate leadership on regulations and higher education practices.
• Address questions on legal compliance.
• Provide institutional guidance regarding statutory, regulatory and industry-standard requirements and guidelines.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.