Food Services Assistant (PT)
Title: Food Services Assistant (PT)
Job no: 493435
Location: Harrisburg Campus
Hiring Range: $12.34 - $15.43 (PT)
Part time position available in college campus restaurant. Looking for person with short order cooking experience and light catering experience to work three to four days a week. Some evenings may be required.
This position will be open until filled.
Job Summary: Assists with a variety of food services tasks such as food preparation, receiving deliveries, general sanitation, and cash handling.
H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 2 years experience.*
*Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job
Licensing Requirements: Valid Driver's License
Ability to obtain certifications related to position, i.e. servsafe
Hiring Range: $12.34 - $15.43 (PT)
Preferred Qualifications: short order cooking experience and light catering experience
Job Specific Task List:
- Apply industry knowledge of food safety and sanitation law, practices, and policies to perform daily food service duties and notifies management of problems or concerns related to equipment and/or food supply. - (Essential)
- Performs daily duties to prepare the kitchen for services, such as: open the kitchen, unlock refrigerators, and record temperatures on the temperature log; set up sanitation stations; receive deliveries, put away stock, and notify management of delivery discrepancies; record temperatures on receiving log; perform ware washing (manually and mechanically); empty kitchen trash receptacles; and daily or weekly sanitation assignments. - (Essential)
- Performs food preparation such as: review production sheets to determine type and quantity of food items to be prepared for the assigned station; defrost, slicing, clean, and portion products per recipe; prepare and mix ingredients according to the approved recipes using a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment such as food processors, blenders, mixers, slicers, steamers, fryers, ovens and grills to prepare food items; detects and reports spoiled or unattractive food or supplies; notify management of items not in stock so a substitute can be provided; complete production records to include unused portions and shortages of product. - (Essential)
- Participates in monitoring of food quality, seasoning, and temperature; logs temperatures; follow HACCP policy set by management; distribute prepared items to various serving areas; maintains food production areas in a clean, sanitary, neat and orderly manner. - (Essential)
- May be responsible for cash handling procedures as set by management. - (Essential)
- May be required to deliver catering and/or perform cleanup duties at various campus locations; may be required to travel off-campus. - (Essential)
- Operates kitchen equipment to prepare food, under supervision. - (Essential)
- Cleans and maintains culinary equipment and physical space. - (Essential)
- Assists in record keeping and inventory management. - (Essential)
- Performs all other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
If part time, hours per week: up to 28
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend