Would you like to work from home permanently? How about having four-day work weeks in the summer? What about having a paid holiday break (at least seven days) in December? How about a healthy work culture where inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are embraced? If this is the type of position you’d enjoy, we invite you to apply for our full-time, 100% remote web programmer position!
This position will be open until filled.
All applicants are required to submit the following materials:
2. Two Writing Samples (The samples must have been written within the last 12 months, and they must be dated. If you do not have any within that time period, we suggest you write them.)
3. College Transcripts (if applicable)
Incomplete application materials and those that do not follow these directions will not be considered.
The interview process for this position will consist of three phases. Applicants who complete the application process and meet the position minimum requirements will be invited to interview in phase 1. Candidates will be notified of their status after each phase to confirm if they are moving forward in the selection process.
- Phase 1: 30-minute interview with the search committee
- Phase 2: 30-minute interview with the search committee (different questions will be asked), 30-minute written exercise; 30-minute presentation with the Office of College Advancement team
- Phase 3: 30-minute interview with the vice president of college advancement (this phase will occur if you do not engage with the vice president of college advancement in phase 1 or 2; if you do engage with the vice president of college advancement in phase 1 or 2, phase 3 will not be necessary)
Job Summary: Translates the requirements of end-users and internal clients into a functional product and ensures the HACC website, and web-based applications, does what stakeholders need them to do.
Associate Degree in either web development or similar and 3 years experience.*Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Such as those listed above.
Hiring Range: $46,329 - $69,493
Job Specific Task List:
1. Programs and develops applications of various custom software projects for the HACC website and web-based applications.
2. Provides advice and consulting assistance to the executive director of website resources.
3. Analyzes and monitors the technical parameters of programming projects.
4. Modifies pre-existing code and designs new products and applications.
5. Develops, analyzes and implements conceptual solutions without seeing the actual products.
6. Develops, maintains and documents program code and security of Internet-based applications.
7. Investigates issues related to the website and web-based applications in use by the College.
8. Collaborates with executive director of website resources and information technology staff to resolve software errors.
9. Maintains and supports various SQL databases in support of custom applications.
10. Performs other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Tasks #1-9 are essential. - (Essential)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.