This position is open until filled.
You will have the opportunity to work from home (remotely) full-time. Daily duties are aligned with remote work being performed In an emergency you may be required to work onsite only if the work assigned cannot be performed remotely.
HACC offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to eligible employees. This position receives an annual leave package with 20 accrued vacation days, 13 paid holidays, 12 sick days, and 3 personal days; four day work weeks (May – August); comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; professional learning and development opportunities; flexible schedules and teleworking / hybrid options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents for all HACC programs.
Job Summary: This position performs advanced technical analysis and provides support for enterprise systems and integrations. This position routinely communicates with business analysts, technical stakeholders, and functional users to support enterprise solutions that address complex business needs. Key accountabilities include: system analysis, design, writing technical requirements, coding, software testing, researching new technologies, and troubleshooting and resolving complex technical problems while adhering to best practices and industry standards for the Software Development Life Cycle.
This position is part of the Enterprise Analysis team supporting the College's enterprise resource planning (ERP) application along with other various on-premise and cloud-hosted systems.
Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years experience within the field of technology with skills that are clearly transferrable to the position *Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential duties of the job.
Hiring Range: $53,964 - $68,804
1. Experience following project methodologies
2. Experience writing technical requirements
3. ERP system knowledge, Banner preferred
4. Relationship building and collaborative skills
5. Experience managing multiple priorities
7. Higher Ed experience
Job Specific Task List:
1. Provides technical support to functional users for the Banner enterprise system, custom applications, and third party integrations; Writes computer programs and applications according to specifications, employing the use of programming languages and/or software packages available at HACC such as PL/SQL, C, Cobol, and Java; Creates standard and complex SQL queries; Analyzes, reviews, and alters programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements; Builds interfaces with third-party solutions; Develops effective and efficient solutions for end user data extracts used for decision making; Supports and adheres to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and industry standards for database security, data standards, data integrity, and the Software Development Life Cycle; Provides application support and enhancements to existing applications; Defines system requirements and viable alternatives; Works on special projects and researches new technologies as assigned.
2. Resolves technical issues to support the effective use of enterprise systems and data; Works independently and in collaboration with functional and technical stakeholders to resolve technical problems and troubleshoot data issues; Documents technical issues and collaborates with IT and external vendors for problem resolution; Escalates critical operational issues.
3. Conducts unit, system, and regression testing of custom applications; Assists with testing of Banner releases and patches, including testing custom programs to support system upgrades; Coordinates and provides employee training on the use of technology and software systems.
4. Writes and maintains high quality technical documentation such as technical requirements, process documentation, and graphical models; Analyzes business requirements; defines and documents technical requirements; Documents implemented applications to facilitate effective support to the related systems; Follows departmental standards for sharing and organizing documentation to ensure accessibility to technical staff; Reviews documentation regularly and ensures documentation is accurate and up-to-date; Maintains up to date project and issue status reports.
5. Pursues professional development and networking opportunities as related to the systems analyst role; Research technology solutions relating to Banner and other enterprise systems; Leverage resources available through vendors and industry; Maintain working knowledge of industry terminology and IT best practices.
6. Partners with functional and technical stakeholders to ensure communications are clear, effective, and timely; Leads meetings and gives presentations to both management and staff; Maintains collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, such as functional users, vendors, and peer institutions; Exhibits exemplary communication skills and professionalism; Establishes and maintains effective working relationships; Utilizes appropriate communication methods; communicates via available technology (phone, email, virtual meeting) or in person; can travel between campuses and off-site locations; Must have a dedicated high speed connection for connection to the college's resources remotely; Must be reachable by phone during hours the college is operating; Must be reachable by phone during hours the college is operating; Flexibility in work schedule is required.
7. Other duties as assigned.
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.