Casual - Admin Office Technician - Academic Advising (FY 22-23)
Title: Casual - Admin Office Technician - Academic Advising (FY 22-23)
Job no: 492956
Location: Harrisburg Campus
Hiring Range: $14.76
Hiring multiple positions. Primary campus locations: Harrisburg and York.
Job Summary: This position supports the processes for student success and functions of the Advising Department.
High School Diploma and two years related experience, or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Hiring Range: $14.76
Job Specific Task List:
- Assists office by training staff in navigating various software applications; assists students with navigating technology; directs students to appropriate on-line advising resources; assists students with registration; uses knowledge of curriculum and programs answer student email and phone inquiries. - (Essential)
- Assists with the academic advisor assignment processes and databases; communicates with academic schools/departments to keep updated academic advisor lists. - (Essential)
- Creates resources to assist with in-person and on-line advising and registration processes; collects and compiles data from software applications to create reports; exercises judgment and maintains confidentiality in regards to FERPA guidelines. - (Essential)
- Performs administrative tasks for the department of academic advising, such as: assisting with onboarding new employees, communicating with IT for system requests and trouble shooting, communicating with academic schools/departments to keep updated advisor lists, compiling staff vacation requests, and greeting and assisting students, parents, and guests; schedules advising appointments for students; coordinates the work of student employees. - (Essential)
- Travels to various HACC locations to support HACC students. - (Standard)
- Performs other duties as assigned. - (Essential)
Job Type: Part-Time (less than 1,000 hours)
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend