Job Summary: Provides academic instruction and student academic support for the Business Studies department. Performs tasks designed to ensure the quality and consistency of academic instruction including governance activities.
JD or equivalent degree from an accredited law school and 2 years of experience in legal practice with paralegals.
Hiring Range: $40,170- $53,970
- Experience having practiced law in Pennsylvania.
- Experience maintaining online/blended teaching experience.
Job Specific Task List:
1. Teach assigned Paralegal courses on campus or virtually; coordinate, plan, organize, and instruct academic courses according to approved course syllabus; maintain scheduled office hours; ensure that assigned classes are held on schedule.
2. Serve as a point of contact for Paralegal program.
3. Participate in curriculum development and maintenance; maintain accurate and complete scholastic records, including attendance records; organize and maintain class and work assignments
4. Provide high quality academic support and advising to students including establishing and maintaining a schedule of office hours; provide high quality and consistent academic instruction to students; keep students informed and updated concerning course content, requirements, evaluation procedures, and attendance requirements; keep students informed about their progress through prompt grading of papers and other work.
5. Participates in college governance by serving on joint, ad hoc, faculty, campus, division and discipline committees; Participates in college and community service activities; strive for the qualities delineated in the criteria for faculty evaluation used by the College; be thoroughly familiar and comply with all college policies and procedures; communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
6. Participates in the recruitment and hiring of new faculty through participation on assigned search committees.
7. Work in a professional, collegial, and team oriented manner; participate in professional growth activities and maintains awareness of new trends and developments that support paralegal education (e.g. AAfPE).
8. Flexibility in work schedule will be required.
9. Performs other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Tasks #1-8 are essential. - (Essential)
Job Type: Full-Time 9 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.