Please note that all applicants are required to submit the following materials:
1. Cover Letter (The cover letter must be typed and must address each of the items in the job specific task list section. The items must be formatted as subheadings, and your relevant experience must be provided below each subheading. Please bold each subheading).
2. Three Writing Samples (written within the last 12 months)
4. College Transcripts (if applicable)
Incomplete application materials will not be considered.
Job Summary: Translates the requirements of end-users and internal clients into a functional product and ensures the HACC website, and web-based applications, does what stakeholders need them to do.
Please note the person hired for this position would work four-day weeks during the summer and have an extended holiday break in December.
Associate Degree in either web development or similar and 3 years experience.*Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Such as those listed above.
Hiring Range: $46,329 - $69,493
Job Specific Task List:
1. Programs and develops applications of various custom software projects for the HACC website and web-based applications.
2. Provides advice and consulting assistance to the executive director of website resources.
3. Analyzes and monitors the technical parameters of programming projects.
4. Modifies pre-existing code and designs new products and applications.
5. Develops, analyzes and implements conceptual solutions without seeing the actual products.
6. Develops, maintains and documents program code and security of Internet-based applications.
7. Investigates issues related to the website and web-based applications in use by the College.
8. Collaborates with executive director of website resources and information technology staff to resolve software errors.
9. Maintains and supports various SQL databases in support of custom applications.
10. Performs other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Tasks #1-9 are essential. - (Essential)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.