This position is open until filled.
Job Summary: Supports the financial and support services department by providing general accounting and financial duties. Additionally, supports the donor management system through research, identification, and cultivation of donor data.
This position will be remote through August 2021. The position will report to physical campus location upon determination of physical campus opening. This is subject to change.
Associates Degree in Accounting, Business, or other related fields and 3 years experience.*
*Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Such as those listed above.
Hiring Range: $36,606 - $45,758
- Financial Edge experience
- Microsoft Excel experience
Job Specific Task List:
1. Reconciles HACC Foundation bank statements to general ledger for accuracy of cashier deposits, wire and ACH transfers.
2. Prepares cash and interfund transfers for review by the department head, prepares journal vouchers and reconciles general ledger accounts.
3. Assists in developing and documenting internal processes and procedures, so as to ensure accuracy and mitigate risks.
4. Complete tasks associated with the monthly close process for the HACC foundation.
5. Assists in the management of chart of accounts, including creation and deletion of accounts, projects, and funds.
6. Prepares journal entries ensuring that the correct accounts are debited and credited
7. Participates in external audit by assisting in the preparation of work papers, schedules, trial balance, statement of net position, statement of revenues, expenses, and changes in net position, and statement of cash flows.
8. Undertakes special projects such as impact of higher or lower stock market returns on endowment and scholarships, permanent versus temporarily restricted gifts, etc. and presents findings to senior management.
9. Performs `what if' analysis for income, expenses, assets and liabilities using MS Excel.
10. Compares Foundation budget to actuals, identifies variances and gets explanations for the same.
11. Conducts in-depth research on current and prospective individual and organizational donors
12. Conducts wealth screenings on donors and potential donors, using resources such as LexisNexis and Dun & Bradstreet, and enters information into donor management system.
13. Attends and assists with both Commencement ceremonies each year.
14. Performs other appropriate duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Tasks 1-13 are essential. - (Essential)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.