This position is open until filled.
Job Summary: Officers are the college’s first responders for emergencies and are responsible for patrolling and inspecting the assigned campus and providing safety and security to all students, staff, faulty and visitors as necessary. Additional responsibilities include conducting investigations, enforcing conduct regulations and completing appropriate safety and security documents as required. Travel to other campuses may be required.
- The hours are 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. Monday to Thursday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday. A Saturdays shift is required as needed (and would be rotated every 3 weeks). Saturday would be 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
High School Diploma or equivalent and one year of experience in law enforcement, security, or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
PA Act 235 Lethal Weapons with Firearm or Act 120 must be obtained prior to start date.
Valid Driver's License
Clean Criminal History Background (No Misdemeanor/Felony Convictions)
Licensing Requirements: PA Act 235 Lethal Weapons with Firearm (must be obtained prior to start)
The following licensing requirements will be obtained after hire.
CPR & AED
Must pass Security Department Physical Fitness Program
Positions in this class typically require: standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and seeing.
Light Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
Incumbents may be subjected to odors, dusts, gases, poor ventilation, extreme temperatures, possible exposure to blood or OPIM (Other potentially infectious material), disruptive people, imminent danger, and a threatening environment.
Hiring Range: $33,953 - $42,442
Preferred Qualifications: N/A
Job Specific Task List:
- Patrols college campus, conducts safety checks of emergency doors & lighting as well as fire extinguishers. Inspects interior and exterior of buildings for obvious signs of damage, break-in or unusual activity; monitors surveillance cameras and responds to calls for service from students, faculty and visitors. - (Essential)
- Officers are first responders and will respond to calls for policy enforcement, medical emergencies and local, state, federal law violations while also coordinating with outside agencies for assistance as needed. Officers will also respond to calls for escort, assistance and other service calls as requested while determining need for further action, including running to respond to an emergency; defense against or restraint of an assailant; and assisting or dragging someone to safety. - (Essential)
- Conducts armed money escorts as requested to transport college assets. - (Essential)
- Enforces parking and traffic violations; provides traffic assistance and control. - (Essential)
- Conducts preliminary investigations of suspicious or criminal activity; gathers information and determines next steps to be taken. - (Essential)
- Provides security for special events; enforces policies and regulations concerning traffic, crowds and college equipment and grounds. - (Essential)
- Performs administrative support activities such as completing incident reports, relaying communications and researching information. - (Essential)
- Bears and will use firearms as a last resort to protect him/herself and others from death and/or serious bodily injury. - (Essential)
- Attends all required training sessions. - (Essential)
- In the absence of a supervisory officer, may provide day-to-day guidance to other security officers. - (Essential)
- Travel to other campuses may be required. - (Essential)
- Performs other duties as assigned. - (Essential)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.