Coordinator, Employee Relations
Title: Coordinator, Employee Relations
Job no: 493930
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Categories: Human resources, Staff
Hiring Range: $48,182 - $60,227
This position will remain open until filled.
Important note about the interview process:
- As part of the interview process, please develop a brief 5-10 minute presentation that addresses the following:
- Describe 3-5 steps on resolving a conflict/dispute with two employees
Job Summary: Responsible for implementing and maintaining policies and practices which promote legal compliance, equity, and consistency within the employee relations and performance management programs to include process enhancement and modification. This position also coordinates support, guidance and training within the College performance management and employee recognition programs. The position reports to the executive director, employee relations and provides consultation and assistance on employee relations matters to the college community.
Bachelor’s Degree and three years of related experience or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Licensing Requirements: Valid driver's license.
Hiring Range: $48,182 - $60,227
Preferred Qualifications: N/A
Job Specific Task List:
- Serves as a subject matter expert in the area of employee relations, performance management, and unemployment compensation; serves as a consultant for employee relations matters to faculty and staff; conducts independent investigations into complaints of discrimination, bullying, harassment and other employee relations matters.
- Interprets college policy and procedure , as well as local, state, and federal regulations to advise supervisors on appropriate action in addressing employee behavioral concerns and/or policy violations; interprets and implements College policy and procedure related to performance management, and effective best practice in performance evaluation.
- Assists supervisors in conducting confidential employment meetings to implement corrective action strategies.
- Administers the performance management processes, including the development of performance expectations, effective approaches to monitoring employees' performance throughout the rating period, and conduct of an employee appraisal; provides formal training and consultation to supervisors on performance management issues, such as addressing performance deficiencies and rewarding outstanding performance; maintains performance management records.
- Coordinates the performance remediation process with supervisors, emphasizing continual, on-time feedback through the evaluation and remediation processes; liaisons with supervisors to ensure that performance expectations are consistent with the college's values and strategic agenda; provides assistance to supervisors in developing SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and time-related) goals; assists supervisors in preparing meaningful feedback to employees at the end of the rating period.
- Serves as an advocate and/or witness for the College in UC hearings; aids College's legal counsel in defense of pending and open litigations.
- Administers the college's formal recognition program; coordinates employee recognition events, to include the Annual Employee Recognition Ceremony and President's Award, in conjunction with the Employee Recognition Committee and internal/external partners.
- Develops and implements initiatives to enhance the recognition program in support of increasing employee morale and engagement; develops and conducts outreach to advertise college employee recognition programs and initiatives, including presentations to Cabinet, employee organizations, etc.
- Travel to other campuses may occasionally be required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values: A Circle of Caring
Caring by Creating Our Future Together
- We work together to shape and build our preferred future.
- We encourage and celebrate creativity and innovation.
- We set high goals and strive to achieve them.
- We strive to provide exceptional service to all who help shape our future.
Caring for Each Other
- We are gateways to student success and opportunity.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and equity-mindedness in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- >We are growth-minded, believing that each of us is capable of learning, developing and growing to support our mission.
Caring by Doing What is Right
- We are honest and hold each other and ourselves to the highest ethical standards.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communications.
- We are transparent about our decisions as individuals and teams.
- We embrace broad engagement in the shared governance process.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend