This position will be open until filled.
All applicants are required to submit the following materials:
2. Two Writing Samples (The samples must have been written within the last 12 months, and they must be dated. If you do not have any within that time period, we suggest you write them.)
3. College Transcripts (if applicable)
Incomplete application materials and those that do not follow these directions will not be considered.
The interview process for this position will consist of three phases. Applicants who complete the application process and meet the position minimum requirements will be invited to interview in phase 1. Candidates will be notified of their status after each phase to confirm if they are moving forward in the selection process.
Phase 1: 30-minute interview with the search committee
Phase 2: 30-minute interview with the search committee (different questions will be asked), 30-minute written exercise; 30-minute presentation with the Office of College Advancement team
Phase 3: 30-minute interview with the vice president of college advancement (this phase will occur if you do not engage with the vice president of college advancement in phase 1 or 2; if you do engage with the vice president of college advancement in phase 1 or 2, phase 3 will not be necessary)
The director of admissions provides leadership, guidance and supervisory responsibility for all of the College’s admissions counselors. The director of admissions also maintains an ongoing project list related to admissions and enrollment enhancements. Some evening and weekend hours are required as well as occasional travel. The director of admissions reports to the executive director of admissions.
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years experience, including 2 years supervisory/management experience.
*Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Licensing Requirements: Valid driver's license.
Please note that this position is required to comply with PA Act 15. You will need to present completed clearances and training certificates at the time of hire. Please visit https://www.hacc.edu/HumanResources/NewHire/index.cfm(and scroll to PA Act 15 Clearances) for more information.
Hiring Range: $56,122 - $71,556
Preferred Qualifications: N/A
Job Specific Task List:
- Works collaboratively with the College community to achieve enrollment goals for the College
- Works with the executive director of admissions to implement the comprehensive admissions plan to meet the recruitment and enrollment goals of the College
- Maintains a student-centered experience for future students
- Plans student recruitment events in support of our target audiences, including Black, Indigenous and People of Color and historically underrepresented groups
- Plans and develops virtual and on-site future student programming, outreach and communication
- Oversees the ordering and distribution of admissions materials, including printed recruitment material and promotional giveaway items for future students
- Meets with future students virtually and/or in person and conducts campus tours
- Promotes and reinforces an environment of diversity, inclusion, belonging and equity in the Admissions Department
- Assists with creating, ensuring and enforcing equitable, effective and efficient admission practices, processes and procedures
- Maintains a working knowledge of College policies and laws related to admissions
- Serves as an admissions-related College liaison and representative for external organizations
- Participates in planning and decision making for future student success initiatives
- Participates on committees, work groups and task forces
- Attends College and Office of College Advancement events and meetings Represents the College, as appropriate, on issues related to admissions
- Participates in professional development opportunities appropriate to the functions of the position
- Communicates clearly and effectively in writing, by phone, through Zoom and in-person
- Supports the mission, vision and values of the College
- Perform other duties as assigned
The director of admissions will have a hybrid work arrangement. They will:
* Work from home
* Work from any of HACC’s five campuses
* Work from any off-campus student recruitment venue
For example, in a fictitious week, the director of admissions might:
* Work from home on Monday
* Work from the York Campus on Tuesday
* Lead on-site student recruitment events at two major companies on Wednesday
* Work from the Gettysburg Campus on Thursday
* Work from home on Friday
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values: A Circle of Caring
Caring by Creating Our Future Together
- We work together to shape and build our preferred future.
- We encourage and celebrate creativity and innovation.
- We set high goals and strive to achieve them.
- We strive to provide exceptional service to all who help shape our future.
Caring for Each Other
- We are gateways to student success and opportunity.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and equity-mindedness in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We are growth-minded, believing that each of us is capable of learning, developing and growing to support our mission.
Caring by Doing What is Right
- We are honest and hold each other and ourselves to the highest ethical standards.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communications.
- We are transparent about our decisions as individuals and teams.
- We embrace broad engagement in the shared governance process.