Fiscal Analyst, Finance
Title: Fiscal Analyst, Finance
Job no: 493856
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Categories: Finance, Staff
Hiring Range: $ 48,182-$ 60,227
This position will be open until filled.
Job Summary: Responsible for performing advanced, complex professional accounting and financial analysis requiring the application of general accounting principles and governmental accounting standards, including analyzing and reconciling general ledger accounts/funds. Incumbent responsibilities include plan, and implement a system for accurate accounting, reporting, controlling, inventorying and safeguarding of college's leased assets and software contracts; maintain plant fund accounting and internal controls; review/prepare data and reconciliations; perform high-level analysis of college-wide budgets and/or accounting processes, including planning, developing and recommending modifications; may conduct forecasting and modeling; maintain controls; develop and recommend operating policy and procedures; and provide technical assistance related to area of assignment. Responsible for updating policy and procedure based on GASB and any new compliance requirements needed, including Federal Financial Aid regulations.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting and 3 years experience*
*Or combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties
Licensing Requirements: None
Hiring Range: $ 48,182-$ 60,227
- Experience in using a computer to gather/enter data, analyze, do research and report on data
- Experience in conducting fiscal and budget analysis of assigned Funds
- Experience in verifying and reconciling assigned accounts to the general ledger
- Experience in preparing reports necessary for the annual audit
- Knowledge of GAAP and GASB requirements and regulations
- Knowledge and experience of compliance with contracts, college policies and procedures.
Job Specific Task List:
- Assist with the implementation and training associated with GASB standards, as they relate to leases and other contract types as required for current and new standards; maintain lease software and keep up with upgrades and testing. - (Essential)
- Coordinate with the Facilities department and the Procurement and Contracts department to ensure proper workflows and required information is available and clear in all contracts. Work as cohesive unit to make improvements and efficiencies to systems to ensure compliance with regulations. Collaborate with Fiscal Analyst, Capital Funds to ensure cohesive processes and procedures. - (Essential)
- Monitors lessee and lessor leases; software contracts (contract management). Analyze, verify, and reconcile related accounts for necessary compliance with established policy and procedures. Assist Fiscal Analyst, Capital Funds with reviewing leases and contracts for GASB compliance. Enter leases and contracts in software program. Work with Specialist, AR (Nonstudent Billing) to ensure timely and accurate billing of lessor lease accounts and timely posting of payments to appropriate accounts. - (Essential)
- Set up and maintain accounting and fiscal control records. Prepare complex journal entries as required. Review incoming journal entries or other transaction documents for availability of funds, accuracy, completeness, and compliance with pertinent college or GASB regulations. Performs reconciliations of general ledger accounts. - (Essential)
- Increases productivity by developing automated accounting applications and coordinating information requirements. Maintain continued enhancements/improvements to process functionality, procedures and reports to maintain data integrity and efficiency. Prepares special analyses, reconciliations and reports for internal and external users. Responsible for documentation of accounting procedures and processes for College wide finance department utilized for reference and training. Develop and maintain written operational procedures for all tasks performed. - (Essential)
- Assist Fiscal Analyst, Capital Funds with asset inventory management to include: location tracking, annual inventory coordination, development of policies and procedures, implementation and administration of any inventory software. - (Essential)
- Prepares year end audit reports; reconciles all applicable accounts and works closely with auditors with related issues. Analyze, verify, and reconcile assigned general ledger accounts and prepare analyses for annual financial audit - (Essential)
- Contributes to the overall success of the Office of Finance by cross training with other Accounting and Student Financial Services staff to ensure continuity of services. - (Essential)
- Performs other duties as assigned. (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values: A Circle of Caring
Caring by Creating Our Future Together
- We work together to shape and build our preferred future.
- We encourage and celebrate creativity and innovation.
- We set high goals and strive to achieve them.
- We strive to provide exceptional service to all who help shape our future.
Caring for Each Other
- We are gateways to student success and opportunity.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and equity-mindedness in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We are growth-minded, believing that each of us is capable of learning, developing and growing to support our mission.
Caring by Doing What is Right
- We are honest and hold each other and ourselves to the highest ethical standards.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communications.
- We are transparent about our decisions as individuals and teams.
- We embrace broad engagement in the shared governance process.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend