Casual -Student Access Services (FY 22-23)
Title: Casual -Student Access Services (FY 22-23)
Job no: 493689
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Hiring Range: $16.78
This position will remain open until filled.
Seeking a proctor to manage the on-campus overflow test room at the Harrisburg campus.
There may be opportunity to proctor at additional HACC Campuses
Job Summary: Performs disability services testing functions with accommodations appropriate to each student while adhering to strict confidentiality practices and policies.
Associate's Degree in education, psychology, or closely related field.*Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Such as those listed above
Licensing Requirements: Required to be compliant with PA Child Protective Service Laws. For additional information, please visit https://hacc.edu/HumanResources/NewHire/index.cfm
Valid drivers license required.
Hiring Range: $16.98
Preferred Qualifications: Prior teaching, counseling and/or testing experiences strongly preferred.
Job Specific Task List:
- Build positive and productive working relationships with students who are in need of accommodations for the purpose of understanding and addressing the needs of each individual.
- Provide reader service to students with visual impairments, learning disabilities and other disabilities; provide scribe service for students with visual impairments and physical disabilities; assist students using various types of adaptive equipment during testing to ensure optimal testing conditions for students with disabilities.
- Inform supervisor of special circumstances that may arise during testing that may require additional accommodations, or any problems during the testing situation that did not follow appropriate protocol, for further review or action.
- Secure tests from faculty; communicate with faculty regarding special testing requirements; return tests to faculty at the end of the testing session.
- Maintain accurate records; provide data for surveys and reports. - (Essential)
- Perform other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Part-time (less than 1,000 hours)
If part time, hours per week: Varies
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend