Director of Intercultural Programming and Student Engagement
Title: Director of Intercultural Programming and Student Engagement
Job no: 493483
Location: Harrisburg Campus
Hiring Range: $66,067 - $84,236
This position will be open until filled.
Job Summary: This position provides leadership, management, and vision in the development, direction, and enrichment of the student experience at HACC in order to create an inclusive culture of student engagement and success. The director works collaboratively to develop strategic intercultural programming, student involvement activities and student leadership opportunities. Develops departmental goals and objectives based on best practices and assessment; improves student success by increasing students' connection to the college community. Ensures engagement opportunities at each campus, remotely and virtually. Uses a lens of social justice, student development and intersectionality to lead programs that support student development, inclusion and belonging at HACC and in the larger community.
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years experience, including 2 years supervisory/management experience or a combination of education and experience to successfully complete the essential functions of the position.
Hiring Range: $66,067 - $84,236
Job Specific Task List:
- Provide leadership, management, and vision for the department of student involvement; create opportunities, with team of assistant directors, which attract and engage students; serve as a resource for students with regard to out-of-class education in all areas of student development. - (Essential)
- Hire, develop, motivate, and evaluate employees consistent with organizational and strategic goals. - (Essential)
- Facilitate and lead a college-wide student volunteer program stressing civic engagement and service. - (Essential)
- Leads the department to develop an internal marketing plan to increase student awareness and engagement of departmental activities; use social media to create a vibrant picture of the wide variety of opportunities in college-wide student involvement areas. - (Essential)
- Implement a intercultural programming calendar of events that appropriately spans the full academic year. - (Essential)
- Lead the department to develop a comprehensive student involvement and engagement program, including student organizations; identify and lead the implementation of programs that will drive student involvement and success. - (Essential)
- Develop student organization policies and processes including new and continuing student organization registration, student organization funding requests, and advisor resources. - (Essential)
- Provide leadership for the creation, implementation, and evaluation of an effective, comprehensive leadership training program. - (Essential)
- Administer the student activity fee funds, authorize transactions, complete appropriate financial paperwork college-wide - (Essential)
- Collaborates with many of functional areas at the college in order to provide comprehensive student involvement programs. - (Essential)
- Travel to all campuses will be required - (Essential)
- Performs other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend