This position will be open until filled.
All applicants are required to submit the following materials:
2. Two Writing Samples (The samples must have been written within the last 12 months, and they must be dated. If you do not have any within that time period, we suggest you write them.)
3. College Transcripts (if applicable)
Incomplete application materials and those that do not follow these directions will not be considered.
The interview process for this position will consist of three phases. Applicants who complete the application process and meet the position minimum requirements will be invited to interview in phase 1. Candidates will be notified of their status after each phase to confirm if they are moving forward in the selection process.
- Phase 1: 30-minute interview with the search committee
- Phase 2: 30-minute interview with the search committee (different questions will be asked), 30-minute written exercise; 30-minute presentation with the Office of College Advancement team
- Phase 3: 30-minute interview with the vice president of college advancement (this phase will occur if you do not engage with the vice president of college advancement in phase 1 or 2; if you do engage with the vice president of college advancement in phase 1 or 2, phase 3 will not be necessary)
The executive director of admissions provides leadership, guidance and supervisory responsibility for the College’s overall student recruitment and admissions efforts. The executive director of admissions also maintains an ongoing project list related to admissions and enrollment enhancements. The executive director of admissions reports to the vice president of college advancement and supervises two directors of admissions.
● Holds Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with at least two years of leadership experience in recruitment, admissions and/or marketing OR a bachelor’s degree with five years of progressive experience in recruitment, admissions and/or marketing
● Demonstrates commitment to diversity, inclusion, belonging and equity and ability to work with diverse student populations.
● Demonstrates ability to lead and work collegially with others in a team environment.
Licensing Requirements: Please note that this position is required to comply with PA Act 15. You will need to present completed clearances and training certificates at the time of hire. Please visit https://www.hacc.edu/HumanResources/NewHire/index.cfm (and scroll to PA Act 15 Clearances) for more information.
Hiring Range: $63,526 - $80,996
Preferred Qualifications: x
Job Specific Task List:
The executive director of admissions provides leadership, guidance and supervisory responsibility for the College’s overall student recruitment and admissions efforts. The executive director of admissions also maintains an ongoing project list related to admissions and enrollment enhancements. Some evening and weekend hours are required as well as occasional travel. The executive director of admissions reports to the vice president of college advancement and supervises two directors of admissions. This position has the following responsibilities:
- Supervises, evaluates and provides professional development opportunities for the directors of admissions
- Works collaboratively with the College community to establish and achieve enrollment goals for the College
- Maintains a student-centered experience for future students
- Oversees the development, implementation and assessment of a data-informed comprehensive admissions plan to meet the recruitment and enrollment goals of the College
- Collaborate with College departments to utilize a customer relationship management system to make data-informed decisions about outreach and communication to future students
- Develops and maintains a student-centered experience for future students
- Meets with future students virtually and/or in person and conducts campus tours
- Establishes an environment of diversity, inclusion, belonging and equity in the Admissions Department
- Oversees the development and management of the admissions budget
- Creates, ensures and enforces equitable, effective and efficient admission practices, processes and procedures
- Handles strategic planning, assessment, annual calendar, project list, checklists and continuous improvement
- Maintains a working knowledge of College policies and laws related to admissions
- Serves as the admissions-related College liaison and representative for external organizations
- Collaborates with other areas of the College in the timely, accurate and appropriate development and dissemination of admissions-related information and materials
- Participates in planning and decision making for future student success initiatives
- Participates on committees, work groups or task forces
- Attends College and Office of College Advancement events and meetings
- Represents the College, as appropriate, on issues related to admissions
- Participates in professional development opportunities appropriate to the functions of the position
- Supports the mission, vision and values of the College
- Performs other duties as assigned
The executive director of admissions will have a hybrid work arrangement. They will:
- Work from home
- Work from any of HACC’s five campuses
- Work from any off-campus student recruitment venue
For example, in a fictitious week, the executive director of admissions might:
- Work from home on Monday
- Work from the York Campus on Tuesday
- Lead on-site student recruitment events at two major companies on Wednesday
- Work from the Gettysburg Campus on Thursday
- Work from home on Friday
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.