Title: Custodian (Harrisburg)
Job no: 493420
Hiring Range: $24,069-$30,086
Job Summary: Performs routine custodial and cleaning duties along with minor building maintenance and repairs.
H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 0 years experience or, a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Such as those listed above.
Licensing Requirements: Valid Driver's License
• Ability to stand, walk and bend for long periods of time
• Ability to perform repetitive motion for long periods of time
• Knowledge of different cleaning products and equipment
• Time-management and multitasking abilities
• Organization skill
• Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Knowledge of basic computer skills
Job Specific Task List:
- Performs routine facilities duties to include cleaning and sanitizing multiple areas/surfaces, toilet cleaning, mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, polishing or waxing floors, washing windows, emptying trash and recycling bins. - (Essential)
- Operates and maintains equipment needed to perform duties. - (Essential)
- Performs cyclical facilities duties to include extensive cleaning of classrooms and bathrooms, stripping and waxing floors and other duties as needed. - (Essential)
- Assists with yard work and snow removal as needed. - (Essential)
- Prepares rooms for meetings and events as requested. - (Essential)
- Submits work orders routinely for repairs & maintenance they can not perform. - (Essential)
- Travels to assigned work space and provides custodial service. - (Essential)
- Other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend