This position will be open until filled.
Job Summary: The Executive Director Library Services leads the HACC Library, Learning Commons Director, Director of Library Technical Services, Faculty Chair for the Librarians and Coordinator for Learning Commons and Library Web Services and oversees operations on all campuses. The Executive Director is responsible for allocation of resources at campus libraries and technical services, recruitment and hiring of all full-time faculty, and reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Master's degree from American Library Association accredited program and 5 years experience, including 3 years of supervisory experience.*
*Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Licensing Requirements: Master's degree from American Library Association accredited program
Hiring Range: $77,822 - $120,624
Job Specific Task List:
1. Recruits, hires, and evaluates full-time faculty in Library and Instructional Resources (LIR) Department in collaboration with Faculty Chair.
2. Works closely with the Learning Commons Director, Director of Library Technical Services, Faculty Chair for the Librarians and Coordinator for Learning Commons and Library Web Services on setting priorities for the HACC Libraries academic functions (collection development and instruction) and coordinates department-wide projects with faculty and staff.
3. Supervises and evaluates Learning Commons Director, Library Technical Services, Faculty Chair and Coordinator for Learning Commons and Library Web Services. Works with Directors on staffing, space needs, and budget across the college.
4. Works with Office of Institutional Effectiveness on Assessment of Library resources and services.
5. Works with central college departments/functions to facilitate library functions across the college.
6. Leads Library Faculty and Staff to develop and implement strategic planning for the LIR Department and Learning Commons.
7. Represents the HACC LIR Department and Learning Commons to external organizations.
8. Represents the HACC LIR Department on Academic Council.
9. Performs other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
- Oversees assigned departments and provides leadership and direction, ensures accountability for operations and staffing.
- Supervises employees and staffing assignments to ensure accessibility to students and staff for the library and learning commons locations.
- Use data to assess departmental policies, procedures, and processes to inform further development, enhancements, or to sustain current operations.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop projects, business plans, budgets, and priorities to meet goals and objectives for assigned units.
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.