Admin Support 2, Fire
Title: Admin Support 2, Fire
Job no: 493186
Location: Harrisburg Campus
Hiring Range: 31,831-39,789
This position is open until filled.
Responsible for performing confidential employee and student data entry, preparing reports, preparing and proofing original correspondence, performing basic accounting functions for assigned area, and conducting moderately complex research.
H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 4 years experience or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job
Job Specific Task List:
- Provides complex, specialized administrative support in preparing and processing confidential documents, preparing and publishing legally required notices, preparing meeting agendas and minutes, maintaining departmental data and/or other related documents; maintains a variety of confidential files and records - (Essential)
- Provides administrative support for the Fire Training Unit programs, this includes preparing and maintaining all related paperwork and files: Fire Academy; Local Level Applications; Public Classes; Safety & Security; Certification/Testing; PEMA G Series; Business and Industry - (Essential)
- Manages and maintains the department's payroll and personnel files, such as verifying payroll time sheets and maintaining confidential personnel information - (Essential)
- Oversees inventory, instructional equipment repair, and supply orders; ensures necessary office supplies and text books are available - (Essential)
- Assists with tracking budget and department information, such as maintaining balances, researching discrepancies, and preparing related financial reports - (Essential)
- Provides administrative support for course creation, registration and billing; maintains certification database and files for all the evaluators and candidates; serves as a record center assistant for the Fire Certification Tests (as needed) which includes: preparing all the paperwork for the examinees and evaluators; pick-up and log in the results from each still station; record the written results; schedule any retests - (Essential)
- Assists with tracking budget and department information, such as maintaining balances, researching discrepancies, and preparing related financial reports to include: budget transfers, budget queries, Argos reports and Access data reports - (Essential)
- Organizes and maintains supervisor's calendar, including meetings, travel and project time lines; makes arrangements for meetings, seminars and events - (Essential)
- Organizes and maintains supervisor's calendar, including meetings, travel, and project timelines; makes arrangements for meetings and/or events; schedule rooms and maintain classroom schedule - (Essential)
- Assists in overseeing department programs by reviewing forms and documents for compliance with operational policies and procedures - (Essential)
- Develops, maintains, registers and sets-up for Homeland Security Conference to include: duplications, supplies and registration(s) - (Essential)
- Sends out instructor/evaluator availability requests - (Essential)
- Performs other duties as assigned - (Essential)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend